Three examples of closing in on the character’s inner voice:
- On 13 November 2015, a woman boarded a plane.
- She was looking forward to her holiday in Spain.
- In fact, she was deeply in love with Manuel.
- His hands on her body – she blushed to remember.
- Movement – slippery slick, gasping. And the heat … oh God, the heat!
- First thing in the morning, on his way to work, a man walked under a ladder.
- When he reached the house he was going to paint he was glad to put it down.
- He’d carried that ladder for nearly half a damn mile and was sick of its weight.
- Still, it was a lovely day, he mused, feeling the sun on his bare arms as he climbed.
- Rough hands on smooth wood, careful with that … oops – naked woman alert!
- The girl dodged the man’s question.
- The man asked again with more bite.
- The girl began to feel rather annoyed.
- The man glared. He deserved to know!
- The girl – sure yet unsure. Should she?