Thanks to Saba at https://myfavouriite.wordpress.com/ for being so kind as to nominate me. 🙂
Thanks also to Cay at https://cayenne1976.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for this award an embarrassing length of time ago (sorry Cay).
Thank you to Zigyasa at https://mysestina.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for this Sunshine Blogger Award – again, sorry it took so long to do this.
These are my questions from and answers to Saba:
- What’s your zodiac sign?
Leo the Lion!
- Your favourite colour?
Red (for danger).
- Define love?
Love is what you get when you sit with God.
- A quote?
“Words are easy – the tricky part is getting them in the right order.” (Robert C Day)
- An advice?
Go with God.
- What’s your biggest turn on?
- Biggest turn off?
Talking about turn-offs.
- Your country name?
- Your City name?
York (no, not New York – that’s in the US)
- Your views about Pakistan?
How can I review a book when I have only looked at the cover?
- Your profession?
Geek (computer programmer), but I want to be a World Famous Author when I grow up! 🙂
These are my questions from and answers (coming up) to Cay:
- What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten?
I once ate my own hand. That was the day that I turned vegetarian. Well, okay, it wasn’t exactly my own hand, it was a pork chop – but as I was cooking it, I noticed how similar it was, sitting there in the frying pan, to my own hand on the pan-handle – same skin, muscles, bones and all of that. That was the last meat I ate.
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
Getting around to answering these questions – almost 4 months after they have been asked. I can’t think of anything I’ve done to match that!
- What is your biggest regret?
By golly but these are big questions! Couldn’t you have asked something simple like what I had for dinner yesterday? Okay – biggest regret is that I never asked Christine Sawtell out. There – it’s said. Okay?
- Tell me about what you consider to be your best attribute.
Ooo – so much to choose from! Do I go for my athletic body, my great personality, my intelligence, my creativity, my voracious appetite for learning or maybe just my modesty? Hmm – okay – got it – my sense of humour!
- Why do you blog?
I blog because I enjoy being creative with words. I also get excited about meeting so many exciting people here. I guess at the end of the day, it’s the thought that my words could make a difference to someone’s life – even if it’s just to put a smile on their face for a few seconds.
- What is your favorite animal?
At last – some easy ones! That’d be a jaguar – for all that grace and speed. Having said that – sparrows are quite nice too. I’ve met plenty of sparrows but no jaguars at all. I need to fix that – right?
- What is your most-worn item in your closet?
Every single pair of Levis I’ve ever owned. When I was at school – in the 6th form, I used to wear them down to nothing. I used to sew patch on patch on patch until they were more patch than material. Now, I just wear them until they wear through in some part (usually under the crotch) and then I store them away for such a time as when Levis can be brought back to life in some simple and life-affirming way.
- What is you favorite snack?
That would be crisps – usually a big bag from Marks & Spencer with my favourite flavours being Salt & Vinegar or Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper. I also like lime flavour Doritos.
- If you could live anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
Sheffield, in England – city of my birth. Other countries I could totally live in are Canada, Hawaii and Italy.
- If you could do anything over what would it be and how would you do it differently?
I would realise what a totally amazing kid I was at school and I would take full advantage of that. Looking at back at my old school photographs I was way more handsome than all those other guys and I was also pretty smart too. So yeah – be more aware of how great I was. Good news though – I’m still amazing now!
These are my questions from and answers (coming up) to Zigyasa:
- Are you a Hero?
Sadly – no. I am not faster than a speeding bullet, nor can I leap between buildings in a single bound. I have never saved the world from sure and certain destruction, not am I likely to.
- How does writing help?
Writing soothes me. It takes me out of myself. It enables me to be creative. Writing helps me to release some of the rubbish that is stuck inside of me and then releases it out into the world to fare for itself. Writing loosens me up.
- How far could you go to be heard, to be recognized?
Oh, I don’t really think that I will go very far. It would take more effort than I want to make at the moment. Until I move myself into gear I will just be heard by you and other people who want to read my blog. I have plans, but this is all I have the courage for right now – this blog.
- Do you think we are alone in the universe?
No, I don’t think we are alone. I think that other life is more likely to be found through spiritual means than by physical means. It seems more likely that there is life in other dimensions than life on other planets. I think that inner space should be explored more than outer space.
- What is an achievement?
Just knowing that someone out there is reading these words and that they mean something to them is achievement enough for me right now. I’d much rather be out here in the world, writing than stuck in one place, reading.
- Do you read as much you write?
At the moment, I read more than I write because I am quicker at reading than I am at writing. But, I probably spend more time writing than I do reading, even though my output is less than my intake.
- What inspires you?
Questions like this inspire me because they make me extend my thinking beyond the day-to-day things like ‘what is for dinner’ or ‘I wonder what this movie will be like’. People who do more than they need to do to make others happy inspire me too. I wish that I had more inspiration.
- Do you follow to lead or you lead to follow?
This question does not make sense in its current form. I am more of a leader than a follower, though. When I have more knowledge or skill in a subject – I lead, when I have less – I follow.
- What could you possibly give to the world?
I would give the world my last Rolo for an hour’s sleep right now.
- Do you let your failures drive you?
No, I don’t let failures drive me – I’m a very big fan of letting them go after they have happened. They slip into the vast past a disappear without a trace.
- What’s the one thing that you would change about this world?
Not one single thing would I change. The world is the way it is for a very good reason. Each of the things that happen to us happens for a good reason – even the things that seem bad at the time.
My nominees are:
- Dee (https://ladieswholunchreviews.wordpress.com/)
- Ananya (https://ananyaworld.wordpress.com/)
- Eugenia (https://amanpan.com)
- Mrs Mason (https://dmasonela.wordpress.com/)
- Tanya (https://zenlikefuck.wordpress.com/)
- Dr Meg (https://drmegsorick.com/)
- Amy (https://amychhabra.wordpress.com/)
- Joe (https://monthatatimetravel.com/)
- Chitra (https://chitra2016.wordpress.com/).
My questions to you are:
- Where in the world would you like to live for the next 6 months if money and responsibilities were of no concern?
- What is your favourite part of a rainbow?
- Why do you not forgive your worst enemy?
- How many smiles do you think you could give people in a single day?
- When will you be famous?
- Who is your idol?
- Do you dream in colour (do you dream at all?)
- Describe the sensation of falling off the edge of a tall building in a dream.
- What are the 3 most interesting things about your wardrobe?